PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. People may develop PTSD when they are exposed or witness something traumatic like war, physical violence, sexual violence, auto accidents and much more. After such events, a person may start suffering from symptoms if they were unable to process what happened to them or what they witnessed.
Symptoms might include:
- Disturbing memories, thoughts
- Have trouble sleeping
- Feel irritable or angry
- Have trouble concentrating
- Feel hyper-vigilant or on guard for fear of danger
- Experience flashback memories
Carey Pena Reports Podcast
Listen as our guest talks about how she finally took on her PTSD and won, and what she is doing now to help others.
Resources for PTSD
Below are some of the resources available to help you or a loved one start the healing process:
- VA National Center for PTSD
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health)
- NAMI.org (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- EMDRIA.org (EMDR International Association)