Carey is a well known news personality and emcee. She brings energy, humor and sincerity to every event.
Over the years she has served as Co-Host of the MDA Telethon helping to raise millions of dollars for “Jerry’s Kids”. She’s worked extensively on causes that benefit our Veterans including the Veterans Day Parade.
Other events Carey has considered it an honor to emcee:
- Crozier Gala to benefit the Catholic Community Foundation
- One Community Spotlight on Success Local Hero Awards
- Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame Society's 12th annual Patriotic Gala
- Society of Chairs
- American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Arizona Humane Society Compassion with Fashion
- Land Advisors Organization Housing Forecast
- Devereux Behavioral Health 50th Anniversary Gala
- Central Arizona Shelter Services Dinner for Dignity
- Chicanos Por La Causa Esperanza Awards and the CPLC Anniversary Dinner
- Christian Service Awards
- Susan G. Komen
- United Blood Services Hero for Life Awards
- Valley Leadership Man and Woman of the Year Award
- Dress for Success: Suit for the Stars – A Night in her Shoes
- Florence Crittenton Teaming up for Girls Luncheon
- Girl Scouts of American Women and Young Women of Distinction Awards
Testimonials for Carey
"Far more than an Emcee, Carey Pena is a true brand advocate and influencer. Her passion and dedication has made a significant difference to the awareness of our company, our event and the platforms and causes we support. Carey’s unique style of making sure you are successful is genuine and generous beyond expectation. She thinks strategically, yet compassionately, and that makes her an asset that is absolutely incomparable."
- Stacy Bayless, Director of Marketing & Communications at Land Advisors Organization
"ONE Community was fortunate to have Carey Pena as our Mistress of Ceremonies at our Spotlight on Success Local Heroes Awards. Carey’s attention to detail, her ability to weave her personal experience into our storyline, and the authenticity she brought to the event led our attendees and honorees on a remarkable, heartfelt journey."
- Angela Hughey, CEO at ONE Community
Known for infusing humor and personality while on the stage, Zenobia Mertel has served as Emcee for events across the Valley for more than ten years. From fashion shows to celebrity chef cook-offs, Zenobia enjoys successfully carrying attendees through the phases of an event in a fun and professional way. A believer of utilizing her talents to support community, emceeing is a natural extension of Zenobia’s career in the media. Zenobia’s signature emcee style includes interacting with her audience and encouraging a good time for all, while ensuring the purpose of the event remains center stage.
Zenobia was a big hit at Rock the District where she was able to showcase her ad-lib skills in between musical acts. Zenobia is very fond of events where there is live music as this is a big passion of hers. She also helped to raise money for Childhelp at the “25 Men Who Think They Can Cook” event which drew local celebrities and chefs.
Zenobia works as the Chief Content Strategist for Inspired Media 360 and co-hosts one of the media firm’s digital talk shows, In The Moment.
Gelie Akhenblit is well known for the execution of her successful startup, NetworkingPhoenix, and has helped to revolutionize the landscape of local networking in the Valley.
In addition to running NetworkingPhoenix, Gelie consults companies and clients, locally and globally, helping them grow.
Gelie has been on many stages and media platforms speaking on the importance of having a strategy when engaging in face-to-face networking and the power of building and maintaining strategic relationships.
Recently, Gelie delivered a TEDx talk on the topic of freedom. She shared her story of being a political refugee from the former Soviet Union and how her journey to freedom has evolved and led her to chase after her dreams.
Whether on stage, or co-hosting In the Moment, Gelie’s message is loud and clear … she urges people not to settle and to always keep pushing.